Chronicleresource efficiencyInnovationQuality

Passion for wood

Franz Binder senior turned his passion for wood into a profession during the 1950s. Still only a small sawmill operation 50 years ago, binderholz today presents itself as a leading European company, equipped with advanced technologies and production methods, with a corresponding reputation on the timber material market.

1950     In 1950 the timber trading company Franz Binder was founded

1957     Purchase of a small sawmill in Fügen

1963     headquarter Fügen

1974     In 1974 the existing single frame saw mill was demolished and replaced with a rebuilt double frame saw mill. The sawing capacity was subsequently increased to
                60.000 fm per year

1984     Within a few hours on the 14th October 1984 a huge fire had destroyed the original industrial plant which had been constructed over the last 27 years
                In 1984 and 1985 the production facilities were reconstructed with the most up-to-date technology and the sawing output was further increased to (a new level of)
                210.000 fm per year

1989     In 1989 the solid wood board factory in St. Georgen near Salzburg started production

1996     In 1996 the glulam factory in Jenbach (Tirol) started production and the timber trade market was unveiled in Fügen

1999     In 1999 the MDF plant at Hallein started production

2004     Put into operation of the biomass power plant and pellets/briquettes mill in Fügen

2005     In 2005 a centre for advanced wood processing at Kösching/Interpark - woodcenter startet production
                Opening of the ”FeuerWerk HolzErlebnisWelt”, gallery at ”FeuerWerk”, Fügen

2006     In 2006 cross laminated timber factory in Unternberg/Salzburg startet production

2007     New workshop building in Fügen
                Extension to headquarter in Fügen

2011      Commissioning of CLT BBS XL production, Unternberg

2014      Closure of MDF plant, Hallein

2015      Take-over of glulam factory Burgbernheim/Neustadt an der Aisch

2016      Take-over of Lieksa and Nurmes sawmills, Finland
                Conversion to cross laminated timber factory in Burgbernheim/Neustadt an der Aisch